Beaumont, Texas, is a bustling city located in the southeastern part of the state. With a rich history, diverse culture, and plenty of attractions, there is never a shortage of things to do in Beaumont, TX. Whether you are looking for an exciting adventure, a relaxing day out, or something in between, there is something for everyone in this vibrant city. In this article, we’ll explore the 15 best fun-filled things to do in Beaumont TX, including things to do for adults, things to do this weekend, and free things to do in Beaumont TX.
- Visit the Spindletop-Gladys City Boomtown Museum:
The Spindletop-Gladys City Boomtown Museum is a replica of the oil boomtown that existed in Beaumont in the early 1900s. It’s a great place to learn about the history of the oil industry in Texas and explore the town’s old-style architecture.
- Explore the Beaumont Botanical Gardens:
The Beaumont Botanical Gardens are a peaceful oasis in the heart of the city. Take a leisurely stroll through the various gardens and admire the colorful flowers, plants, and trees.
- Discover Art at the Art Museum of Southeast Texas:
The Art Museum of Southeast Texas is home to an impressive collection of contemporary art from around the world. With regularly changing exhibits, there is always something new and exciting to discover.
- Go for a Hike at the Big Thicket National Preserve:
The Big Thicket National Preserve is a nature lover’s paradise, with over 100,000 acres of dense forest, swamp, and wetlands. It’s an excellent place to go for a hike and take in the natural beauty of the area.
- Take a Tour of the McFaddin-Ward House:
The McFaddin-Ward House is a beautifully preserved historic home that gives visitors a glimpse into life in Beaumont in the early 1900s. Take a guided tour of the house and learn about the family that once lived there.
- Catch a Show at the Jefferson Theatre:
The Jefferson Theatre is a beautifully restored Art Deco theater that hosts a variety of live performances and events throughout the year. Check the schedule and catch a show while you’re in town.
- Visit the Texas Energy Museum:
The Texas Energy Museum is dedicated to the history of the oil industry in Texas. With interactive exhibits and hands-on displays, it’s a great place to learn about the importance of oil to the state’s economy.
- Check out the Fire Museum of Texas:
The Fire Museum of Texas is a unique museum that showcases the history of firefighting in Texas. With antique fire trucks and equipment on display, it’s a fascinating place to visit for adults and kids alike.
- Shop at the Beaumont Farmers Market:
The Beaumont Farmers Market is a great place to find fresh, locally grown produce, artisanal foods, and handmade crafts. It’s open on Saturdays from 8 am to 11 am, and admission is free.
- Take a Trip to the Gulf of Mexico:
Beaumont is located just a short drive from the Gulf of Mexico. Take a day trip to the beach and enjoy the sun, sand, and surf.
- Visit the Spindletop Gladys City Boomtown Museum:
The Spindletop Gladys City Boomtown Museum is a replica of the oil boomtown that existed in Beaumont in the early 1900s. Visitors can explore the recreated town and learn about the oil industry’s impact on the city’s growth and development.
- Attend a Live Music Event at the Julie Rogers Theatre:
The Julie Rogers Theatre hosts a variety of live music events throughout the year, ranging from classical concerts to pop and rock shows. Check the schedule and attend a performance to experience Beaumont’s vibrant music scene.
- Take a Scenic Drive Through the Big Thicket National Preserve:
In addition to hiking, the Big Thicket National Preserve is also a great place to take a scenic drive. The park features several beautiful drives that showcase the area’s natural beauty, including the Woodlands Trail and the Sundew Trail.
- Explore the Neches River:
The Neches River is a beautiful and peaceful waterway that winds its way through Beaumont. Rent a kayak or canoe and spend a relaxing day paddling along the river, taking in the scenic views and spotting wildlife along the way.
- Go Shopping and Dining in Downtown Beaumont:
Downtown Beaumont is a vibrant and lively area with a variety of shops, restaurants, and entertainment options. Spend an afternoon browsing the boutiques and antique shops, trying out local cuisine, and soaking up the atmosphere.
Things to Do in Beaumont TX for Adults:
While there are plenty of activities in Beaumont that are suitable for all ages, there are also several options specifically geared towards adults. In addition to the activities mentioned above, adults may also enjoy:
- Wine tasting at the local vineyards and wineries
- Brewery tours and beer tastings at local craft breweries
- Golfing at one of the city’s many golf courses
- Visiting local art galleries and studios
- Trying out the local food scene at Beaumont’s many restaurants and cafes
- Enjoying a night out at one of the city’s bars or clubs
Things to Do in Beaumont TX This Weekend:
If you’re looking for things to do in Beaumont TX this weekend, consider checking out one of the following events:
- The Gusher Marathon, Half Marathon & 5K, a race that takes runners through the historic oil fields of Beaumont
- The annual South Texas State Fair, which features rides, games, live music, and a variety of food and drink vendors
- The Texas Rice Festival, a celebration of the region’s rice harvest with food, music, and carnival rides
- First Thursdays on Calder, a monthly art walk featuring local galleries, shops, and restaurants
Free Things to Do in Beaumont TX:
If you’re looking for free things to do in Beaumont TX, consider checking out one of the following options:
- Visiting the Art Museum of Southeast Texas on a Thursday, when admission is free
- Walking or biking along the Tyrrell Park Nature Trail, a scenic trail through a 200-acre nature preserve
- Checking out the local farmers market on Saturday mornings
- Exploring the Beaumont Botanical Gardens, which offer free admission
- Taking a self-guided tour of the city’s historic homes and buildings
What is there to do in Beaumont TX?
There are plenty of things to do in Beaumont TX, including visiting museums, exploring parks and nature preserves, enjoying the local food scene, and attending live music events.
What are some fun things to do in Beaumont TX?
Some fun things to do in Beaumont TX include hiking in the Big Thicket National Preserve, visiting the Spindletop Gladys City Boomtown Museum, and attending live music events at the Julie Rogers Theatre.
What can adults do in Beaumont TX?
Adults in Beaumont TX can enjoy activities such as wine tasting, brewery tours, golfing, visiting art galleries, trying out the local food scene, and enjoying a night out at bars or clubs.
What are some free things to do in Beaumont TX?
Some free things to do in Beaumont TX include visiting the Art Museum of Southeast Texas on a Thursday, walking or biking along the Tyrrell Park Nature Trail, and exploring the Beaumont Botanical Gardens.
What is the best time to visit Beaumont TX?
The best time to visit Beaumont TX is in the fall or spring, when the weather is mild and there are plenty of outdoor activities and events to enjoy.
What is the Gusher Marathon in Beaumont TX?
The Gusher Marathon is an annual race that takes runners through the historic oil fields of Beaumont TX.
What is the South Texas State Fair in Beaumont TX?
The South Texas State Fair is an annual fair that takes place in Beaumont TX and features rides, games, live music, and a variety of food and drink vendors.
What is the Texas Rice Festival in Beaumont TX?
The Texas Rice Festival is an annual festival in Beaumont TX that celebrates the region’s rice harvest with food, music, and carnival rides.
What is First Thursdays on Calder in Beaumont TX?
First Thursdays on Calder is a monthly art walk in Beaumont TX that features local galleries, shops, and restaurants.
What is the Spindletop Gladys City Boomtown Museum in Beaumont TX?
The Spindletop Gladys City Boomtown Museum is a replica of the oil boomtown that existed in Beaumont TX in the early 1900s, and offers visitors the chance to learn about the oil industry’s impact on the city’s growth and development.
Beaumont TX offers a variety of fun and exciting activities for visitors of all ages. Whether you’re interested in exploring nature, learning about the city’s history, trying out the local food scene, or attending live music events, there’s something for everyone in Beaumont. Don’t forget to check out the free things to do in the area, as well as the options specifically geared towards adults. With so many options to choose from, you’re sure to have a great time in Beaumont TX!