Welcome to Marietta, Georgia, a vibrant city nestled just outside of Atlanta. Whether you’re visiting for a weekend getaway or looking for something to do today, Marietta offers a wealth of fun-filled activities for visitors of all ages. From exploring historical sites to enjoying outdoor adventures and indulging in delicious cuisine, we’ve curated a list of the 15 best things to do in Marietta. Get ready to immerse yourself in the charm and excitement that this city has to offer!
- Visit the Marietta Square: Start your Marietta adventure at the Marietta Square, the heart of downtown. Stroll through the charming streets, browse boutique shops, and grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants and cafes.
- Explore the Marietta Museum of History: Dive into Marietta’s rich history at the Marietta Museum of History. Discover fascinating exhibits that showcase the city’s heritage and learn about its significant role in the region.
- Enjoy a Show at the Earl and Rachel Smith Strand Theatre: Catch a live performance at the historic Earl and Rachel Smith Strand Theatre. From plays to musical concerts, this beautifully restored venue offers a variety of entertainment options.
- Take a Walk through Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park: Lace up your hiking boots and explore the scenic trails of Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park. Enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding area and learn about the Civil War history of the region.
- Indulge in Southern Cuisine: Treat your taste buds to the flavors of the South at one of Marietta’s acclaimed restaurants. From traditional Southern fare to modern twists on classic dishes, there’s something to satisfy every palate.
- Visit the Marietta Gone with the Wind Museum: Step back in time at the Marietta Gone with the Wind Museum. Delve into the world of Margaret Mitchell’s iconic novel and explore exhibits dedicated to the movie adaptation.
- Discover Nature at the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area: Escape the city and immerse yourself in nature at the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area. Enjoy hiking, kayaking, and picnicking along the scenic river.
- Explore the Smith-Gilbert Gardens: Experience the beauty of nature at the Smith-Gilbert Gardens. This 16-acre botanical garden features stunning landscapes, a koi pond, and a variety of plant collections.
- Attend a Concert at the Marietta Concert Series: If you’re visiting on a weekend, check out the Marietta Concert Series. This free outdoor concert series showcases local musicians and offers a delightful evening of live music.
- Discover History at the Marietta Confederate Cemetery: Pay tribute to the fallen soldiers at the Marietta Confederate Cemetery. Take a somber walk through the rows of graves and learn about the Civil War history of the area.
- Take a Tour of the Marietta Fire Museum: Learn about the history and evolution of firefighting at the Marietta Fire Museum. Explore antique fire engines and discover the bravery of local firefighters.
- Enjoy Shopping at the Avenue East Cobb: Shop ’til you drop at the Avenue East Cobb, an upscale outdoor shopping center. Discover a mix of national retailers, specialty boutiques, and unique dining options.
- Explore Marietta Square Farmers Market: If you’re visiting on the weekend, don’t miss the Marietta Square Farmers Market. Sample local produce, artisanal goods, and homemade treats while supporting local vendors.
- Visit the Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art: Immerse yourself in the world of art at the Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art. Discover a diverse collection of works by regional and international artists.
- Attend a Baseball Game at Truist Park: Catch America’s favorite pastime and cheer on the Atlanta Braves at Truist Park, located just a short drive from Marietta.
Read more:- Things to Do in Florence, SC
Things to Do in Marietta, GA for Adults:
Marietta offers several activities tailored specifically for adults. From enjoying the local culinary scene and wine tastings to attending live performances and exploring the vibrant arts and culture scene, there are plenty of adult-focused experiences to enjoy in this charming city.
Things to Do in Marietta, GA on This Weekend:
If you’re visiting Marietta on a weekend, there are numerous exciting activities to engage in. In addition to the aforementioned options, you can explore the Marietta Square, visit the Marietta Museum of History, or attend a concert at the Marietta Concert Series Things to Do in Marietta.
Free Things to Do in Marietta, GA Today:
For those seeking free entertainment or budget-friendly options, Marietta offers several attractions and activities that won’t cost you a dime. Visit the Marietta Square, explore the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, or attend a free concert at the Marietta Concert Series.
What are the best things to do in Marietta, GA on this weekend?
Some great options for this weekend in Marietta include visiting the Marietta Square, exploring the Marietta Museum of History, and enjoying a show at the Earl and Rachel Smith Strand Theatre.
What are some fun things to do in Marietta, GA?
Marietta offers a range of fun activities, such as exploring Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park, attending concerts at the Marietta Concert Series, and indulging in Southern cuisine.
Are there any specific things to do in Marietta, GA for adults?
Yes, adults can enjoy wine tastings, exploring the local arts scene, and attending performances at the Earl and Rachel Smith Strand Theatre.
What are some free things to do in Marietta, GA today?
You can visit the Marietta Square, explore the Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area, or attend a free concert at the Marietta Concert Series today in Marietta.
Can you recommend any restaurants in Marietta, GA?
Marietta offers a variety of dining options, including Southern cuisine, international flavors, and cozy cafes. Some popular restaurants in the area include Seed Kitchen & Bar, Marietta Fish Market, and Taqueria Tsunami.
Are there any annual events or festivals in Marietta, GA?
Yes, Marietta hosts several annual events and festivals, such as the Marietta Square Farmers Market, the Taste of Marietta, and the Marietta Greek Festival.
Can you recommend any accommodations in Marietta, GA?
Marietta offers a range of accommodations, including hotels, motels, and bed and breakfasts. Some popular options include the Hilton Atlanta/Marietta Hotel & Conference Center, the Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest, and the Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Marietta.
What is the best time of year to visit Marietta, GA?
The best time to visit Marietta is during the spring and fall when the weather is pleasant for outdoor activities. The city also hosts various festivals and events during these seasons.
Are there any outdoor recreational activities in Marietta, GA?
Yes, Marietta offers outdoor recreational activities such as hiking at Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park, kayaking on the Chattahoochee River, and exploring the Smith-Gilbert Gardens.
Is there publictransportation available in Marietta, GA?
Yes, Marietta has public transportation options. The CobbLinc bus system provides service within Marietta and the surrounding areas. Additionally, rideshare services like Uber and Lyft are available for convenient transportation around the city.
Marietta, Georgia, offers a diverse range of fun-filled activities and attractions for visitors of all ages. Whether you’re exploring the city today or planning a weekend getaway, there are plenty of exciting things to do in Marietta. From immersing yourself in history and culture to enjoying outdoor adventures and indulging in delicious cuisine, Marietta has something for everyone. Plan your visit to Marietta now and create unforgettable memories in this charming Georgia city.
Follow us on facebook