Welcome to Tupelo, Mississippi, a city rich in history and filled with exciting attractions and activities. Whether you’re a resident looking for things to do in Tupelo today or a visitor planning a weekend trip, there are plenty of fun-filled options for all ages. From exploring the birthplace of Elvis Presley to enjoying outdoor adventures and experiencing local culture, we’ve curated a list of the 15 best things to do in Tupelo. Get ready to make lasting memories in this vibrant Southern city!
- Visit the Elvis Presley Birthplace and Museum: Step back in time and explore the birthplace of the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll, Elvis Presley. Tour the humble two-room house where Elvis was born, visit the museum showcasing his life and career, and pay your respects at his gravesite.
- Explore the Tupelo Buffalo Park and Zoo: Get up close and personal with majestic bison and a variety of exotic animals at the Tupelo Buffalo Park and Zoo. Enjoy a scenic safari tour, feed the animals, and learn about wildlife conservation.
- Discover History at the Tupelo National Battlefield: Immerse yourself in history at the Tupelo National Battlefield, where a significant Civil War battle took place. Explore the preserved grounds, hike the trails, and visit the interpretive center to learn about the battle’s significance.
- Stroll through the Downtown Tupelo Main Street District: Experience the charm of downtown Tupelo as you stroll through the Main Street District. Discover unique shops, dine at local restaurants, and admire the historic architecture.
- Enjoy Outdoor Recreation at Natchez Trace Parkway: Explore the natural beauty of Natchez Trace Parkway, a scenic road that stretches for miles through picturesque landscapes. Hike, bike, or drive along the parkway and take in the breathtaking views.
- Take a Dip at Veterans Memorial Park: Cool off on a hot day at Veterans Memorial Park, which features a splash pad, swimming pool, and picnic areas. It’s the perfect place to relax and have fun with family and friends.
- Visit the Tupelo Automobile Museum: Automobile enthusiasts will love the Tupelo Automobile Museum, showcasing a collection of over 100 antique, classic, and collectible cars. Marvel at the craftsmanship and learn about the evolution of the automobile industry.
- Explore the GumTree Museum of Art: Immerse yourself in the world of art at the GumTree Museum of Art. Discover rotating exhibitions featuring works by local and regional artists, participate in workshops, and attend art-related events.
- Attend a Concert at the BancorpSouth Arena: Check out the events calendar at the BancorpSouth Arena, a premier entertainment venue hosting concerts, sports events, and shows. Catch a live performance by your favorite artist or cheer on the local sports teams.
- Experience Local Flavor at the Tupelo Farmers’ Market: If you’re visiting on a weekend, don’t miss the Tupelo Farmers’ Market. Sample fresh produce, homemade goodies, and handmade crafts while supporting local vendors.
- Play a Round of Golf: Tee off at one of Tupelo’s top-notch golf courses. Whether you’re a seasoned golfer or a beginner, enjoy a relaxing day on the greens surrounded by beautiful landscapes.
- Discover Tupelo’s Music Scene: Experience live music at one of Tupelo’s local venues. From blues and country to rock and jazz, the city offers a vibrant music scene with talented local musicians.
- Attend Festivals and Events: Keep an eye out for festivals and events happening in Tupelo throughout the year. From the Elvis Festival, celebrating the King’s legacy, to the Down on Main concert series, there’s always something exciting happening in the city.
- Explore the Tupelo Flea Market: Hunt for unique treasures at the Tupelo Flea Market, one of the largest indoor flea markets in the region. Browse through a wide variety of antiques, collectibles, and crafts.
- Indulge in Southern Cuisine: Treat your taste buds to delicious Southern cuisine at Tupelo’s local eateries. From mouthwatering barbecue to soulful comfort food, the city offers a range of culinary delights.
Read more:- Things to Do in Orange County
Things to Do in Tupelo for Adults:
Tupelo offers several activities tailored specifically for adults. From exploring the city’s vibrant music scene and attending live performances to indulging in the local culinary scene and enjoying a round of golf, there’s something for every adult visitor to enjoy.
Things to Do in Tupelo on This Weekend:
If you’re visiting Tupelo on a weekend, there are plenty of exciting activities to choose from. You can visit the Elvis Presley Birthplace and Museum, explore the Tupelo Buffalo Park and Zoo, or attend festivals and events happening in the city.
Free Things to Do in Tupelo Today:
Tupelo also offers free attractions and activities for budget-conscious visitors. You can explore downtown Tupelo, visit Veterans Memorial Park, or attend local farmers’ markets and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere without spending a dime.
What are the best things to do in Tupelo, MS, on this weekend?
Some of the best things to do in Tupelo on this weekend include visiting the Elvis Presley Birthplace and Museum, exploring the Tupelo Buffalo Park and Zoo, and attending festivals or events happening in the city.
What are some fun things to do in Tupelo?
Tupelo offers a range of fun activities, such as exploring the city’s history at the Tupelo National Battlefield, experiencing the vibrant music scene, and enjoying outdoor recreation at Natchez Trace Parkway.
Are there any specific things to do in Tupelo for adults?
Yes, adults can enjoy exploring the city’s music scene, attending live performances, indulging in the local culinary scene, and playing golf at one of Tupelo’s golf courses.
What are some free things to do in Tupelo today?
You can explore downtown Tupelo, visit Veterans Memorial Park, attend local farmers’ markets, and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere of the city without spending money.
Can you recommend any restaurants in Tupelo?
Tupelo offers a range of restaurants serving Southern cuisine. Some popular options include Neon Pig, Blue Canoe, and Kermit’s Outlaw Kitchen.
Are there any annual events or festivals in Tupelo?
Yes, Tupelo hosts several annual events and festivals, including the Elvis Festival, Down on Main concert series, and the GumTree Arts Festival.
Can you recommend any accommodations in Tupelo?
Tupelo offers a variety of accommodations, including hotels and motels. Some popular options include Hilton Garden Inn, Courtyard by Marriott, and Holiday Inn Express.
Is public transportation available in Tupelo?
Public transportation options in Tupelo are limited. It is recommended to have a car for convenient travel within the city and to nearby attractions.
Are there any outdoor recreational activities in Tupelo?
Yes, you can enjoy outdoor activities at Natchez Trace Parkway, Veterans Memorial Park, and the golf courses in Tupelo.
What is the best time of year to visit Tupelo?
The best timeto visit Tupelo is during the spring and fall seasons when the weather is pleasant. The city also hosts various events and festivals during these times, adding to the vibrant atmosphere.
Tupelo, Mississippi, offers a fantastic array of fun-filled activities for visitors of all ages. Whether you’re interested in exploring the city’s rich history, enjoying outdoor adventures, experiencing live music, or indulging in Southern cuisine, Tupelo has something to offer. From the iconic Elvis Presley Birthplace and Museum to the Tupelo Buffalo Park and Zoo, there is no shortage of exciting attractions. Don’t forget to explore the local art scene, attend festivals and events, and take advantage of the free activities available. Plan your trip to Tupelo and create unforgettable memories in this vibrant Southern city.
Follow us on facebook