Are you planning a family trip to Boston and wondering what activities and attractions are suitable for kids? Look no further! Boston, Massachusetts, is a vibrant city with a plethora of fun-filled experiences for children of all ages. From interactive museums to outdoor adventures, historical landmarks, and educational opportunities, Boston offers a wide range of family-friendly activities that will keep your kids entertained and engaged. In this guide, we have curated a list of the 15 best things to do in Boston with kids, including options for adults and ideas for this weekend. So, pack your bags, grab your little ones, and get ready to embark on a memorable journey through the city!
Fun-Filled Things to Do in Boston with Kids:
- New England Aquarium: Explore the wonders of the ocean at the New England Aquarium. Marvel at the incredible marine life, watch penguin feedings, and even touch stingrays.
- Museum of Science: Ignite your children’s curiosity at the Museum of Science. Discover interactive exhibits, catch an IMAX movie, and witness thrilling live presentations.
- Boston Children’s Museum: Designed specifically for kids, the Boston Children’s Museum offers a wide range of interactive exhibits and hands-on activities to spark their imagination and creativity.
- Boston Common: Visit Boston’s oldest public park, the Boston Common. Enjoy a leisurely stroll, have a picnic, ride the carousel, or take a swan boat ride in the adjacent Public Garden.
- Freedom Trail: Embark on a historical journey along the famous Freedom Trail. This 2.5-mile trail takes you to 16 historically significant sites, providing an interactive history lesson for the whole family.
- Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum: Step back in time and relive the iconic Boston Tea Party at the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum. Participate in a reenactment and learn about this pivotal event in American history.
- Fenway Park Tour: For sports enthusiasts, a guided tour of Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox, is a must. Explore the iconic stadium, learn about its history, and feel the excitement of being on the field.
- Franklin Park Zoo: Get up close and personal with exotic animals at the Franklin Park Zoo. From lions and giraffes to gorillas and tropical birds, the zoo offers a captivating wildlife experience.
- Boston Public Library: Visit the Boston Public Library and immerse your children in the world of books and storytelling. Explore the beautifully designed Children’s Library and participate in engaging activities.
- Boston Duck Tour: Hop aboard an amphibious vehicle and take a Boston Duck Tour. Explore the city’s historic neighborhoods by land, and then splash into the Charles River for a unique perspective.
- USS Constitution Museum: Dive into the maritime history of Boston at the USS Constitution Museum. Learn about the famous ship, interact with hands-on exhibits, and experience life as a sailor.
- Skywalk Observatory: Marvel at the panoramic views of Boston from the Skywalk Observatory. Enjoy 360-degree vistas of the city skyline and beyond, and learn about its landmarks through interactive exhibits.
- Boston Common Frog Pond: If you’re visiting during the warmer months, head to the Boston Common Frog Pond. Let your kids splash in the wading pool or rent a paddleboat for some family fun.
- Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum: Discover a treasure trove of art at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. Wander through the stunning galleries, take in the beautiful courtyard, and engage in art-inspired activities.
- Mapparium: Step into a unique three-story globe at the Mary Baker Eddy Library’s Mapparium. Experience an immersive journey through geography, history, and culture.
Things to Do in Boston with Kids for Adults:
Boston offers plenty of activities that cater to both kids and adults. Here are some additional options for adults to enjoy while exploring the city with their little ones:
- Explore the historic neighborhoods of Beacon Hill and the North End.
- Indulge in a culinary adventure by sampling local delicacies and visiting food markets.
- Take a scenic cruise along the Boston Harbor and enjoy breathtaking views of the city’s skyline.
- Shop at popular retail destinations such as Newbury Street and Faneuil Hall Marketplace.
Things to Do in Boston with Kids on This Weekend:
If you’re visiting Boston on the weekend, here are a few special activities and events that you and your kids can enjoy:
- Visit the Boston Children’s Museum for interactive exhibits and themed weekend programs.
- Explore the Boston Public Garden and join the Make Way for Ducklings Walking Tour.
- Attend a family-friendly concert or performance at the Boston Symphony Orchestra or the Boston Pops.
- Participate in special events and workshops at the Museum of Science, such as science experiments and live animal presentations.
Fun Things to Do in Boston with Kids:
In addition to the specific attractions mentioned above, Boston offers a wide range of fun activities for kids. Here are a few more ideas to keep your little ones entertained:
- Go on a Boston Harbor Islands adventure and explore the natural beauty and wildlife of the islands Things to Do in Boston with Kids.
- Have a picnic and fly kites at Castle Island, a picturesque waterfront park.
- Enjoy an ice cream cone at one of Boston’s famous ice cream parlors, such as Toscanini’s or J.P. Licks Things to Do in Boston with Kids.
- Take a bike ride along the Charles River Esplanade and enjoy the scenic views.
- Visit the Boston Fire Museum and learn about the history of firefighting.
Read more:- Things to Do in Anna Maria Island
Free Things to Do in Boston with Kids Today:
Exploring Boston doesn’t have to break the bank. Here are some free activities that you can enjoy with your kids today:
- Take a self-guided walking tour of the city’s historic sites, including the Massachusetts State House and Paul Revere’s House Things to Do in Boston with Kids.
- Visit the Boston Public Library and participate in free children’s programs, such as storytime and crafts Things to Do in Boston with Kids.
- Explore the Harvard University campus and visit the Harvard Museum of Natural History, which offers free admission for Massachusetts residents on certain days.
- Enjoy the scenic beauty of the Arnold Arboretum, a 281-acre park with diverse plant collections and walking trails Things to Do in Boston with Kids.
- Attend a free outdoor concert or movie screening at one of Boston’s parks during the summer months Things to Do in Boston with Kids.
What are the best things to do in Boston with kids on this weekend?
This weekend, you can visit the Boston Children’s Museum, explore the Boston Public Garden, attend a family-friendly concert, or join special events at the Museum of Science.
Are there any free activities for kids in Boston today?
Yes, there are plenty of free activities for kids in Boston today, such as visiting the Boston Public Library, exploring Harvard University’s campus, or attending a free outdoor concert or movie screening in the park.
What are some fun things to do in Boston with kids besides visiting museums?
In addition to museums, you can enjoy activities like going on a Boston Harbor Islands adventure, having a picnic at Castle Island, or taking a bike ride along the Charles River Esplanade.
Are there any attractions in Boston that cater to both kids and adults?
Yes, attractions like the New England Aquarium, the Museum of Science, and the Boston Tea Party Ships & Museum offer engaging experiences for both kids and adults.
Can you recommend a family-friendly restaurant in Boston?
Yes, some popular family-friendly restaurants in Boston include the Rainforest Café, Legal Sea Foods, and the Hard Rock Café.
Are there any outdoor activities for kids in Boston?
Absolutely! You can enjoy outdoor activities like flying kites at Castle Island, exploring the Boston Harbor Islands, or taking a bike ride along the Charles River Esplanade.
What is the best time of year to visit Boston with kids?
Boston is enjoyable year-round, but the spring and fall seasons offer pleasant weather and vibrant colors, making them ideal for family outings.
Can you recommend any family-friendly accommodations in Boston?
Yes, some family-friendly accommodations in Boston include the Marriott Vacation Club Pulse at Custom House, the Boston Harbor Hotel, and the Seaport Hotel & World Trade Center.
Are there any educational attractions in Boston for kids?
Absolutely! The Museum of Science, the Boston Children’s Museum, and the USS Constitution Museum are all educational attractions that offer engaging experiences for kids.
Are there any playgrounds or parks in Boston that are suitable for young children?
Yes, Boston Common, the Boston Public Garden, and the Esplanade Playground are great options for young children to enjoy outdoor playtime.
Boston is a fantastic destination for a family vacation, offering a multitude of fun-filled activities for kids of all ages. From interactive museums and historical landmarks to outdoor adventures and cultural experiences, the city has something to offer every member of the family. Whether you’re exploring the New England Aquarium, walking the Freedom Trail, or immersing yourselves in the rich history and culture, Boston will captivate your kids’ imaginations and create lasting memories. So, plan your trip, embrace the vibrant spirit of Boston, and embark on an unforgettable family adventure in this remarkable city!
Follow us on facebook