The United States of America harbours one of the richest diversities in terms of communities, cities, and small rural townships. But despite its unparalleled progress and dominance over the globe, every location faces some degree of crime. This blog is an attempt to answer the most frequently asked question: ?What is the safest city in America??. Here we have assimilated some of the safest cities in America based on data released by the 2013 FBI Uniform Crime Report.?
List of 8 Safest Cities in America
- Boston, Massachusetts: This city has a population of over 650 thousand and a variety of cultures on the streets from many different regions. The ratio for crime is under 3 per thousand citizens, which is remarkably low and makes it an excellent option among the safest big cities in the US. The local authorities have made laws and have different police working for protection, so it’s safe to travel. Still, it’s better to be cautious if you roam around in areas you don’t have info about, try to go with a group of friends and ask a local person from the hotel or security for safe places to go out during the evenings.
- Santa Clarita, California: California is one of the most commercially active states in the USA. Therefore, the safety of its cities, including Santa Clarita, cannot be questioned. It is a very serene place with a population of close to 225 thousand citizens. It is a perfect place for settling down, as the property crime rate is incredibly low. So if you are looking for a safe adobe in California, Santa Clarita might be a great place to start, as it is one of the safest US cities. Even with students, it has some great schools, and a strong economy that promises ample job and business opportunities.
- Boise, Idaho: Just like Santa Clarita, Boise is home to around 250 thousand people, while the surrounding metro area has close to 750 thousand. Both property and violent crime rates are far lower as compared to national figures. The city is heaven for outdoor lovers. You can explore hiking trails, mountains, lakes and much more. For a long time, it has been an underrated place for settling down, but it is finally getting the deserved attention for all the right reasons, one of which is that it’s among the safest places to live in the US. Just make sure you have great savings, because despite being affordable, housing prices have been on a steep rise for the last few years.
- Ridgefield, Connecticut: In the last decade, this place earned a safety score of 96. It is located close to the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains and holds a high reputation for world-class schools and dining. It is regarded as one of the safest cities to begin a family or settle down your roots.
- Glen Cove, New York: This place was at the top of the list, where it earned a score of 96.6 and confirmed its spot among the safest cities in US. It is located on Long Island?s north shore and has a very rich culture and charming waterways. It is a splendid place to be and has regularly been eye candy for TV and film producers. Fun fact, the Webb Institute, a marine engineering college, was used to show the exterior of Bruce Wayne?s manner in Christopher Nolan?s masterpiece Batman Begins.?
- Frisco, Texas: With a population of over 210,000, this city has a mere crime rate of 100 per 100,000 people. The population has doubled in the last decade and the place is said to be one of the fastest-growing cities in the USA. As compared to other cities, property crimes are much lower in this city, which surely makes it the safest city in the US. The place is blessed with good weather conditions and has economical living costs. The major attractions the city offers are, the Texas Sculpture Garden which gives a touch of their culture with a variety of sculptures around, Rider?s Field Lazy River Ballpark which has a unique combination of river and sports as you get to see awesome views of the park while relaxing in the 3000 square feet of river in the park itself, and the National Videogame Museum, which is a heaven for video game lovers. The museum showcases a history of games and also allows visitors to play some of them.
- Zionsville, Indiana: With a small population of around thirty thousand, this city is pictured as the most fascinating place to live. The city?s? crime rate is under 3 crimes per thousand citizens. And with such a statistic, the city claims its place among the safest cities in the US. You can enjoy family picnics at Starkey Nature Park, explore the history of different fans at the Antique Fan Museum, explore scenic views at Turkey Foot Nature Park, explore the history of the city at SullivanMunce Cultural Center, and relax at Woodhouse Day Spa, where the staff has 20 years of service experience.
- Portland, Maine: This city is a magnet for new residents as it has under 70,000 inhabitants. It is one of the places that has a very friendly environment and is surely the safest cities for women in the US. The crime rates in terms of property and violence are way lower than the national average. And the graph of crimes is going down over time. The city has splendid views of the water bodies and landscapes. The fun activities in the city include ferry rides to Peaks Island, delving into the historical lighthouses in the city, which are among the best places to take pictures, grab different local foods to feast your tummy, and relish the Craft Beer Scene at places like Bunker Brewing Company and Novare Res Bier Cafe which are highly experienced in making beers. The place also offers a view into the past with its magnificent museums like the Portland Museum of Art, the Umbrella Cover Museum which is made of covers from umbrellas in assorted ways, Victoria Mansion which has a vintage collection from over 160 years, and the Portland Museum of Art, which consists of more than 18000 pieces of art to dive into old times.