Nestled against the majestic backdrop of the Rocky Mountains, Fort Collins, Colorado, is a charming city known for its vibrant culture, stunning natural beauty, and thriving craft beer scene. Whether you’re a nature enthusiast, a history buff, or a foodie, Fort Collins offers a wide array of activities to suit every interest. In this article, we will take a closer look at the best things to do in Fort Collins, including options for adults and weekend getaways. From scenic hikes to brewery tours, let’s dive into the adventure that awaits in this captivating city Things to Do in Fort Collins.
Exploring Fort Collins on This Weekend:
When the weekend arrives, Fort Collins comes alive with a myriad of activities to enjoy. Here are some delightful options to consider Things to Do in Fort Collins:
- Old Town Fort Collins: Take a leisurely stroll through Old Town Fort Collins, a vibrant and historic district known for its charming shops, local restaurants, and beautiful architecture. Explore the boutiques, art galleries, and specialty stores, and don’t forget to stop by the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery for a dose of local history Things to Do in Fort Collins.
- Horsetooth Reservoir: Enjoy the natural beauty of Horsetooth Reservoir, a picturesque lake located just west of Fort Collins. Spend the day fishing, paddleboarding, or hiking along the scenic trails that offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains Things to Do in Fort Collins.
- New Belgium Brewery Tour: Embark on a guided tour of New Belgium Brewery, one of the city’s most famous craft beer establishments. Learn about the brewing process, sample their award-winning beers, and soak in the lively atmosphere Things to Do in Fort Collins.
- Fort Collins Foodie Walk: Indulge your taste buds on the Fort Collins Foodie Walk, a self-guided culinary tour through the city’s vibrant food scene. Visit local eateries, specialty food shops, and breweries, and savor the flavors of Fort Collins Things to Do in Fort Collins.
Things to Do in Fort Collins Today:
If you’re looking for immediate excitement and memorable experiences in Fort Collins, consider these options for a day of fun:
- Colorado State University: Explore the beautiful campus of Colorado State University, known for its stunning architecture and vibrant student life. Visit the CSU Flower Trial Gardens or catch a sporting event to immerse yourself in the university’s lively atmosphere.
- Cache la Poudre River: Spend a day at the Cache la Poudre River, a designated Wild and Scenic River that offers opportunities for fishing, kayaking, and picnicking. Relax by the riverbank and enjoy the peaceful ambiance of this natural oasis.
- Fort Collins Museum of Art: Immerse yourself in the local art scene at the Fort Collins Museum of Art. Discover rotating exhibitions featuring works by local and regional artists, and participate in art workshops and events.
- The Gardens on Spring Creek: Explore the beautiful Gardens on Spring Creek, a botanical garden that showcases a diverse collection of plants and flowers. Take a leisurely stroll through the themed gardens, and unwind in the peaceful surroundings.
Things to Do in Fort Collins for Adults:
Fort Collins has plenty to offer for adults seeking unique experiences and moments of relaxation. Consider these options for a fantastic time in the city:
- Craft Brewery Tours: Embark on a craft brewery tour and explore Fort Collins’ renowned craft beer scene. Visit breweries such as Odell Brewing Co., Funkwerks, and Equinox Brewing, and sample a wide variety of craft beers.
- Fort Collins Ghost Tour: Delve into the city’s spooky side with a Fort Collins Ghost Tour. Join a guided tour and explore haunted locations, listening to chilling stories and legends from the city’s past.
- Fort Collins Lincoln Center: Catch a live performance at the Fort Collins Lincoln Center, a cultural hub that hosts a diverse range of events, including theater productions, concerts, and dance performances.
- Axe Throwing: Unleash your inner lumberjack at an axe-throwing facility. Test your skills in a safe and controlled environment, and compete with friends for the ultimate bragging rights.
- Downtown Art Galleries: Wander through downtown Fort Collins and explore the various art galleries showcasing local and regional artists. Admire paintings, sculptures, and mixed-media artworks, and maybe even find a unique piece to take home.
Read more:- Things to Do in Augusta
Free Things to Do in Fort Collins Today:
Exploring Fort Collins doesn’t have to break the bank. Here are some fantastic free activities to enjoy:
- Horsetooth Falls Hike: Lace up your hiking boots and embark on the Horsetooth Falls Trail. Enjoy a scenic hike that leads to a stunning waterfall, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.
- City Park: Visit City Park, a spacious and picturesque park located near downtown Fort Collins. Take a leisurely walk around the park, have a picnic, or enjoy a game of frisbee with friends.
- Poudre River Trail: Discover the natural beauty of the Poudre River Trail, a 21-mile paved pathway that meanders alongside the Cache la Poudre River. Enjoy a bike ride, go for a jog, or take a peaceful walk surrounded by nature.
- Gardens on Spring Creek: Explore the Gardens on Spring Creek without spending a dime. Stroll through the gardens, admire the vibrant flowers, and relax in the serene atmosphere. – Fort Collins Trolley: Take a ride on the Fort Collins Trolley, a historic streetcar that operates on weekends during the summer months. Experience a nostalgic journey through the streets of Fort Collins.
Fort Collins, Colorado, is a destination that truly has it all. From outdoor adventures to cultural experiences, the city offers an abundance of activities for visitors of all ages. Whether you’re seeking a weekend getaway, a day of exploration, or fun activities for adults, Fort Collins has something to offer. Immerse yourself in the beauty of nature, indulge in the local food and craft beer scene, and create memories that will last a lifetime. Plan your trip to Fort Collins today and experience the magic of this captivating city.
FAQs: Things to Do in Fort Collins Today
What is the best time to visit Fort Collins, CO?
The best time to visit Fort Collins is during the summer months, from June to August when the weather is pleasant and ideal for outdoor activities. Fall, particularly September and October, also offers beautiful foliage and fewer crowds.
Are there any annual events or festivals in Fort Collins?
Fort Collins hosts several annual events and festivals, including the Colorado Brewers’ Festival, Bohemian Nights at NewWestFest, and the Great Plates of Downtown culinary event.
Can you recommend any hiking trails near Fort Collins?
Yes, besides Horsetooth Falls, other popular hiking trails near Fort Collins include Arthur’s Rock Trail, Greyrock Mountain Trail, and the Devil’s Backbone Nature Trail.
Is there a vibrant nightlife scene in Fort Collins?
Absolutely! Fort Collins boasts a lively nightlife scene with a variety of bars, breweries, and live music venues. The downtown area, in particular, offers a vibrant atmosphere for nighttime entertainment.
Are there any family-friendly attractions in Fort Collins?
Yes, families will enjoy attractions such as the Fort Collins Museum of Discovery, The Farm at Lee Martinez Park, and the Gardens on Spring Creek, which offers interactive exhibits and beautiful gardens.
Can you recommend any scenic drives near Fort Collins?
Yes, the Cache la Poudre-North Park Scenic Byway is a picturesque drive that takes you through stunning mountain scenery, rivers, and wildlife habitats.
What are some unique shopping experiences in Fort Collins?
Old Town Fort Collins is renowned for its unique shops and boutiques, offering everything from locally made crafts to vintage finds. The Jessup Farm Artisan Village is also a must-visit for artisanal products.
Are there any opportunities for outdoor recreation in Fort Collins?
Absolutely! Fort Collins offers numerous opportunities for outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, fishing, boating, and camping in the surrounding natural areas and parks.
Can you recommend any day trips from Fort Collins?
Popular day trips from Fort Collins include visiting Rocky Mountain National Park, exploring the charming town of Estes Park, or venturing to the historic mining town of Central City.
Are there any art and cultural attractions in Fort Collins?
Yes, apart from the Fort Collins Museum of Art, you can also visit the Center for Fine Art Photography and the Gregory Allicar Museum of Art, which features a diverse collection of artworks.
Follow us on facebook