Top 8 Things to do in NYC for Locals and Tourists . New York City, home to endless art museums, eateries, bars and the craziest life you can imagine. Every day is an adventure for people who venture out into New York City. In case you are wondering what to do in New York, here are the top 8 NYC things to do that will become a lifelong memory for you:
Here The 8 Things to do in New York
- The New Jackie Robinson Museum: A heaven for art lovers, this museum is sprawled across a 19,380-square-foot area. It houses more than 4000 artefacts and 40000 historical images. If you are wondering what to do in NYC, then this will be the perfect kickstart for you. All these entities commemorate the life of the late Robinson, the first African American major league baseball player of this era. Upon visiting, you will get to discover an immersive experience that will give you a fairer idea of prejudice and racism. Robinson battled beyond the baseball field. It is a must-go for a sports fan.
- Queens Night Market: It comes alive once a week to offer the most delicious and delightful cuisines you can find in Queens. Make sure you put this on your priority list of things to do in NYC today. And it’s not heavy on the pocket either for $5 to $6, you can have a sumptuous meal. The market has been operational for the last 7 years, and it currently features food from approximately 90 countries. And it’s attended by more than 15,000 people every Saturday. If you have a palate for something sweet and spicy you can go for Afgan Mantus Portuguese Pasteis De Nata, Indian Tandoori BBQ, Filipino Balut and much more.?
- New Chinatown Night Market: Think!Chinatown is a non-profit organization from Manhattan?s Chinatown, and its night market gives you a first glimpse into Chinatown. You can shop here for traditional crafts and Chinese cuisines that range from Momo Delight to Xiang Mini Cakes, twisted Potato, Pho Master, and whatever you can keep in your stomach. The special mentions for this market include sugar painting, braised straw figurines, paper cutting, and live performances by Asian Pacific Americans. It is one of the best things to do in NYC.
- Central Park: If you have heard of Central Perk, then you might be aware of Central Park. It is one of the best free things to do in New York. It is partially a park, partially a museum, and partially a concert hall that resides in the heart of Manhattan. Whether you plan to go to the American Museum of natural history, the Metropolitan Museum of Art or the Guggenheim. If you have to pass through Central Park, you may want to spend a few hours soaking in the serenity and tranquillity of this beautiful green world that counters the evergreen hustle of New York City. The park is sprawled across 843 acres of land and has 7 avenues for exercising, dining and a zoo. All in all, it has 48 fountains, 30 bridges, 20 playgrounds, and lots of sculptures. It can surely make it onto the list of activities to do in NYC.
- National September 11 Museum and Memorial: Built to pay tribute to the victims of the 2001 and 1993 terrorist attacks, this memorial has twin reflecting pools and man-made waterfalls that serve as a footprint of where stood the World Trade Center?s Twin Towers. If you are wondering what to see in New York, this place surely makes the list. The pools are 1 acre each, and they are enclosed by bronze panels inscribed with the names of the victims of these 2 tragedies. Alongside, is the museum, which is sprawled across 110,000 square feet. It relays the attacks of the narratives through a range of interactive tables, authentic artifacts, real-time recordings and multimedia displays. Most people who visit this place describe the experience as moving and sobering. You may not want to rush through this place as it is the place where time stands still for many. This place is one of the best of New York.?
- Empire State Building: If you are wondering what to do in NYC this weekend, this place is the best of what the city has to offer. It’s a mandatory place to visit, especially for those who love the view from huge buildings. The tickets are expensive and there is a queue that awaits everyone, but still, people reach out in large numbers to look at the city from its 1250 feet height. During the evening hours, the view is even more majestic with lights glowing everywhere in the city. The building has a dynamic lighting system that operates with 16 million colours in numerous blends. Best of New York things to do on any day.
- Statue of Liberty: This is one of the most famous statues in the world and gets visitors throughout the year. You can reach it on a ferry from Battery Park. One of the best suggestions from travellers is that you need to get in line for the earliest boats. Another tip is to get a ticket for the ferry that leaves from Liberty State Park to avoid the long lines for the same tour. Some people highly recommend getting tickets to the pedestal, which are limited in quantity. If you still haven?t made your full list of things to do in New York City, make sure to add this legendary statue tour to it.
- 8. Brooklyn Bridge: This should be included in your list of things to do in NYC this weekend. This is just another remarkable landmark for the city and one of the best places to visit in New York. Brooklyn Bridge is among the oldest connecting bridges in the USA. The bridge gets very crowded as the day progresses, and visitors are advised to go in the early morning hours. You can also enjoy multiple food stalls and cafes under the bridge. You get the best walking tour of the city on this bridge.